Have you always wanted to finish your own quilts? Tired of driving long distances to rent a longarm especially after the snow flies here in Montana?!?! Well now you can rent time on our Gammill stitch regulated machine in our fully equipped private studio space. You can finish a quilt from wall or crib size up to a king-size.
Before renting a machine, you will need to complete a certification class where you will learn how to thread the machine, wind the bobbin, and load the quilt as well as how to operate the machine. We will also cover basic quilting techniques and there will be time to get acquainted with and practice on the machine.
Rental includes access to our growing library of longarm quilting books filled with ideas to get those creative juices flowing. Also included is access to more than 75 pantographs from which to choose and create edge-to-edge designs your quilts. Stay tuned as we begin loading a preview of the library for you to peruse online. Renters will also have access to a variety of longarm quilting rulers for ruler work and stitching in the ditch.
How to Reserve
Select your time increment option and process through the shop. We will then contact you directly by phone to reserve your time.
How much does longarm quilting machine rental cost?
Rental is either by the hour at $20 or you can prepay 10 hours for $18 per hour. All rental appointments have a two-hour minimum and your time is charged out at in 15 minute increments after that. Prepaid hours expire 2 years after purchase and are only available for a single user.
What is included in the longarm rental fees?
Rental includes use of a solid color Signature longarm quilting thread. More than 75 pantographs to choose from, access to our longarm library and use of rulers.
What is not included in the longarm rental fees?
Batting and backing are not included in the rental fees. We do have a great selection of batting by the yard available to finish your quilt. Variegated thread is available for use with an additional fee.
Rental User Policy
- All users are required to attend a Longarm Users Class on the use and care of the machine and studio prior to use.
- Minimum rental = 2 hours User understands that rental time begins at scheduled start time and ends when the quilt is removed from the machine. Users are encouraged to arrive before scheduled rental time to prepare bobbins or conduct other prep work.
- 2 hour Cancellation Fee will apply for any appointment cancelled within 24 hours of your scheduled time.
- All users are responsible for any careless damage done to machine, equipment or property.
- User will use the machine at his or her own risk.
- Design classes and private consultations are available at an additional fee, if you need more hands-on design help.
- Basic colored thread is included in rental. Variegated thread is available for a fee.
- User will leave machine, floor, equipment, kitchen, etc. clean and replace any items borrowed back where they belong.
- You are welcome to use our 6' x 4' cutting table and cutting mat, but must bring your own rotary cutter.
- If you do not use the machine within 2 months of your certification class, or your last rental time was more than 6 months or longer, a $25 Refresher Course is required.